Fun with Language Activities Pre-Primary 2 Pupil’s Book is a comprehensive course based on the new Competency-Based Curriculum, 2018 for Pre-Primary schools. This course has been developed to enable learners to apply the listening, speaking, reading and writing skills in their daily use of language. This Pre-Primary 2 book is presented in a simple manner. Learners at this level will enjoy using it. Here, the teacher becomes a facilitator of learning and not simply a source of knowledge.
The key features of this book include:
• A simple approach to language and presentation that is easy to follow.
• Relevant, well-drawn full-colour illustrations that are exciting to the children.
• A variety of competency-based learner-centred activities that help the learners to develop a wide range of skills.
• Suggestions for parents and guardians to be involved in the continuous learning process at home.
• Songs, poems and games that help the learners to understand the content within this book.
• Indoor and outdoor activities that learners do in pairs and in groups as they help each other to learn.
The book has an accompanying Teacher’s Guide. The author is an English Language teacher with vast experience
Super Minds Mathematics Grade 5 Workbook is a comprehensive supplementary book based on the new Competency-Based Curriculum, 2018 for primary schools. This Workbook has been creatively written to give the learner adequate practice that will reinforce the competencies they have acquired from their interaction with the course book. The authors of this book have used a simple and easy approach to present content. The learner will certainly enjoy using it The key features of this book include:
• use of simple language that is to the level of the learner
• relevant, well-drawn, and full colour illustrations that will arouse the learner’s desire to learn
• systematic arrangement of tasks to cater for learners who have different learning abilities
• a variety of practice learning tasks to help the learner grasp a wide range of concepts in Mathematics;
• relevant and detailed examples, drawn from the immediate environment, to help the learner investigate each concept;
The authors are teachers with long-standing experience in teaching Mathematics. This workbook should be used alongside the Super Minds Mathematics Learner’s Book for Grade 5.
Super Minds English Grade 5 Learner’s Book comprehensively covers the English content in the new competency-based curriculum for primary schools. This book has been creatively written to enable the learner to acquire the required competencies, skills, values, pertinent and contemporary issues as well as attitudes. It is presented in a simple manner that the learner can identify with. At this level, the learner will enjoy using it as the teacher becomes a facilitator of learning and not simply a source of knowledge. The key features of this book include:
• Use of simple language that is to the level of the learner.
• Uniquely written to develop oral, reading, and writing skills, as well as competencies in grammar use.
• Relevant, well-drawn, full colour illustrations.
• A variety of competency-based, learner-centered activities that help the learner to develop a wide range of skills.
• Learning points that define all concepts that have been taught.
• Additional activities including Summary: Test yourself and Assess
yourself at the end of every theme. The book has an accompanying Teacher’s Guide. The authors are teachers of English with vast experience.
Author: Charity Oketch Publisher: East African Educational Publishers Year: First published 2018 ISBN: 978-9966-56-306-4
Fruits we Eat is a KICD approved levelled reader. This book is approved for Kenya CBC. It is the modern storybook. It is written to cater for learners with different reading abilities, regardless of their Grade. Learners at this level need simple read aloud books to develop their oral skills and print awareness. Texts with single words help learners at this level to match spoken words with print. The learners are also learning to identify and name letters. Left-to-right orientation in reading is developed. Fruits we Eat is a reader that talks about the common fruits that the learners eat. Learners will be able to identify the various fruits that they eat for healthy living. This book is CBC approved by KICD.